Find the recipe here.
These were by far the tastiest thing we have made so far. A few notes:
- This desert was surprisingly easy to make, and very forgiving when mistakes were made.
- If you forget to add ALL the eggs to the cream filling, take it off the heat and pour the hot batter into eggs and whisk like crazy then return to a boil. It works just fine.
- I found that scooping the pastry batter with a Mellon-baller actually resulted in taller puffs compared to piping the batter.
- This recipe makes about 30, my hubby and I ate them ALL in 24 hours. Make a double batch if you want extras after a party.
- the vanilla cream is more yummy than the chocolate version.