Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
We used these recipes.
1 lb cheese, whatever you have on hand, I used Sharp cheddar, Mozzarella, & Colby jack.
2 tbs Flour
1 1/2 c Apple cider or juice. (I know this one sounds weird, but it was yummy)
Heat until cheese is melted.
1 c. Chocolate
1 c. Heavy wipping cream (or yogurt if you happen to be out of cream)
Heat until chocolate is melted.
4 ounces bulk sausage
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
30 ounces spaghetti sauce
1 cup sliced (or finely chopped) fresh mushrooms
2/3 cup pepperoni
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/4 cup chopped red peppers
In a large pot, brown sausage, onion and garlic. Drain grease. Add spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, peppers, pepperoni or Canadian-style bacon, and basil. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours to develop the flavors.
Serve these with bread sticks, a loaf sourdough, steamed broccoli, chicken, brownie balls, mushrooms, and fruit chunks.
We found that 3 fondues was way too much for 4 adults and 2 kids. But these amounts would probably be enough for 6-8 people.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
My macarons were tasty, but a failure as macarons. They were moist, chewy, lumpy, flat and had no feet.
I am going to do these again with a few changes
- Grind the almond flour finer (mine was a meal consistency, straight from the store)
- Double sift the almond/sugar mixture
- Beat the eggs slower so less bubbles form
- Fold the beginning of the 'macaronage' stage harder to get rid of extra bubbles
- Let the cookies dry longer before baking.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Made this for dinner a few nights ago. It was based on the stew from Solstice Cafe in Bingen WA.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes (I used hamburger)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Serve over mashed potatoes.
For the record, I very much enjoyed eating this stew, although next time I'm going to try it with stew meat.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Here are some other ways he has tried to help out recently.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
"It's grass bubee"