Sunday, August 12, 2012

24...

For my 30 by 30 goals this month I practiced the piano for 3 hours every week. I know I wrote that it was really hard last month to find time, but I found it was even harder to wake up at 6 am every day. Even harder than that was trying to go to bed at 9 pm. You lose a lot of valuable alone time going to bed early. Projects suffer. I'm going to keep at it this next month though. Last month I managed about 3 days a week to be up by 6 and in bed by 9. This month I might just be able to hit 5 days, and if not 4 would be fine. I'm  also going to see if I can learn to do a hand stand this month as a backup.


24 goals to go means I have 2 years left on this project. I also means I had a birthday! We spent the day eating wonderful food and playing awesome games with friends and family. I made the best cherry chip cake. I will be making that recipe probably every year for the rest of my life now.


In other news, Captain and I refinished a pair of nightstands I picked up from a yard sale. It took us a month of evenings to finish it, but they turned out lovely in the end.


1 comment:

Doug Harvey said...

Cecilia is playing Settlers already!