Saturday, February 27, 2010

Daring Bakers: Tiramisu

The February 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen and Deeba of Passionate About Baking. They chose Tiramisu as the challenge for the month. Their challenge recipe is based on recipes from The Washington Post, Cordon Bleu at Home and Baking Obsession.

You can find the recipe here.

I made a few changes, I left out any coffee or alcohol and instead put in melted caramel. And I dipped the savoiardi cookies in milk chocolate. I've never had real tiramisu so I have no idea if it tasted right. I did expect the cookies to absorb more of the filling, but they were good the way they were. I probably won't make this again because it was a lot of work and tasted like a trifle.




2 comments:

Laura said...

Is that a heart shaped tiramisu? Nice . . .
I love the idea of caramel and milk chocolate. I agree that this was a lot of work for what it was . . .

T.J. said...

This looks so very yummy, but I agree- the one thing about tiramisu is that it takes so much darn work to make!