Sunday, February 27, 2011

Daring Bakers: Panna Cotta & Florentine Cookies

The February 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose to challenge everyone to make Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies.

So I was a little put out by the fact that they wanted us to make two different desserts this month. In fact, I had decided to skip this month, but boy am I glad that I change that decision. I haven't tried the panna cotta yet, but the floentine cookies are amazing.

Recipes here

I honestly haven't eaten this yet.. but it sure is pretty! Its basically a milk jello topped with fruit jello.

The cookies started like this.
The Florentine cookie dough was wonderful, and as an added bonus there are no eggs in it so you can lick the bowl as much as you want
The cookies ended like this.
For some reason, my cookies got progressively more burnt, even though I reduced the baking time for each batch. The ones with no browned edges were the yummiest, but the others were easier to work with. The cookies are suppose to have a chocolate backing on them, I may or may not get to that. It's been kinda a crazy day.
Harvey couldn't wait for the cookies to be done, and he really liked the dough, even though it is mostly oatmeal.


Sorry for the weird breaks, but I am new to this editing thing.

No comments: