2¼ cups (9 5/8 ounces) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups (10 1/2 ounces) sugar,
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup (2 1/3 ounces) vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
sugar for rolling
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, or use a silpat.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Place sugar and cream cheese in large bowl. Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk to combine (don’t worry about lumps). Whisk in oil until incorporated. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; continue to whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix.
4. Portion out cookie dough with a small scoop, or use a rounded tablespoon. Roll into a ball, then roll in sugar. Place 12 per cookie sheet. Smoosh with a glass cup to about 2.5 inches in diameter. If you want to go crazy, then sprinkle some more sugar on top.
5. Bake, 1 tray at a time, until edges are set and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes, Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes.
*These cookies do not bake as well if you need to chill the dough. They will be tasty, but not as pretty.
*They keep well for 3 days in air tight containers, after that they start to dry out.
To print, right click on image and open in new tab or window. Then print a full size page.