Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stung

SOOoooo that happened. Most of you have heard about it by now, but for those who haven't. I steeped on a bee shooing a dog away from Ginka. I watched its guts fall out as I limped back into the house. Cecilia thought the whole thing was HIGH-larious. I however, did not.

Apparently I am more allergic to bees now than when I was a kid. I had a whole body reaction about 12 hours after I stepped on it. Fever, nauseated, swollen lymph nodes all over,  it was awful. So I took some benedryl in the morning, and promptly fell asleep for the whole day. Harvey got to watch wall-e twice! He was ecstatic. 

Then my foot was crazy swollen for the next 3 days. Yeay for not fitting in shoes! I find it interesting that the consequences of stepping on a bee make it more likely that I could step on one again. Anyways, The swelling went away and life moved on and now I know to take antihistamines right after stepping on a bee.

3 comments:

TheMinutewoman said...

Leslie, you should have an EpiPen on hand. If you get stung again it could be worse. I'm glad the reaction subsided with Benadryl. Take it easy.

Janelle

Doug Harvey said...

poor baby!

huckleberrystew said...

Yikes! No fun, I accidentally stepped on one once, too.